Doing Things Differently: Prophetic Insight for 2019
I want to share with you some prophetic insight for 2019 that I believe the Lord has been sharing with me here and there, over many weeks now (maybe even a few months)...because, I believe that as we head into 2019, the whole world is going to begin to experience something different and it’s important that we get a grasp on what God is saying and doing in this time.
As a disclaimer...when we believe we hear from God we do need confirmation from His Word because the Spirit of God and the Word of God flow together. They cannot be separated!
Jesus said in John 12:49, “For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.”
So, we will examine first and foremost what the Bible has to say as we consider what God is saying and doing concerning 2019.
Here’s how I want to start…
My first point is sort of a blanket statement and a little elementary in nature but I believe it needs to be said because although very simple, it’s also extremely profound at the same time.
JESUS is all that we need. There is no substitute. He is just IT...period. No additives, nothing extra...just a straight dose of Himself.
Jesus said in John 14:6, “....I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”.
I felt the need to have us establish this truth upfront simply as a reminder that of all the stuff we seek in life for “help”, our real and true answers can and will only ever be found in Christ.
Jesus is kind of like a Swiss Army Knife...He’s got everything you need! He IS the total package!(Hopefully, everyone knows what a Swiss Army Knife is...if not feel free to Google it)
So, moving along here…
Let’s talk about 2019 and things being done differently.
What does that mean?
Different than what?
DOES God do things differently? (That’s probably the most important question we should take a look at.)
So, let’s see what the Bible has to say.
When we examine this question, “Does God do things differently?”, I’d like to have us approach it from 2 perspectives.
1) God’s Word, Character, and Nature...never change!
God told Moses in Ex. 3:14, “I AM who I AM, say this to the people of Israel, I AM has sent you”. James 1:17 says, “Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.” And Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
2) God’s Position…
Here’s something interesting about the word position...Google defines the word position a few ways. Here are a couple of those definitions. (Noun) A particular way in which someone or something is placed or arranged. A situation or set of circumstances, especially one that affects one's power to act. The state of being placed where one has an advantage over one's rivals in a competitive situation.
This very much reminds me of the life and death of Jesus on the earth. God did something in a very particular way, through a set of circumstances…….and He has always had and always will have the advantage over His enemies. By sending Jesus to become the sacrifice for the sins of humanity, in fulfillment of the law, God did something through Jesus that the law was not able to do...save people from their sins! Gal. 2:21 says, “I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.”
So, we see from these perspectives, according to God’s Word...that clearly God Himself never changes, but the way in which He does things does not always stay the same!
Scientifically speaking, the seasons are dictated depending on which way the Earth is facing the sun. This is also what determines night and day. We know from science that with each season, we experience change - the snow melts, the flowers and trees bloom, new life emerges which propel us into a new harvest every autumn. Ecc. 3:1 says, “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.”
So...yes...God does do things differently…
As we think about our transition from 2018 into 2019, ponder this...
In brief, according to scripture, the number 8 signifies new beginning, resurrection and regeneration and the number 9 represents the completion of growth, harmony, inspiration, perfection of ideas, judgement and divine completeness.
With all this being said, here is what I believe the Lord has spoken to me about the year 2019...
“For I am calling you out says the Lord, completely detached from the past! 2018 was the year of birthing, the breaking of ground into the new...2019 is the year to plant your tent pegs, for it is the year to take up residence says the Lord. 2019 is the year of difference, the year of significant change. For many things will come to completion and some new things will unfold says the Lord.”
Below are also some Prophetic Insights the Lord has given me for 2019:
- An end to the onslaught you have been facing. The very thing you’ve battled against in your own personal life, for many will become your ministry unto others, or at least part of it - this is why you’ve had to fight so hard, this is why there’s been so much resistance. Also, witchcraft has had a role in the fight we’ve faced - however, that witchcraft will be destroyed and broken as we repent and surrender all to Jesus.
- We will experience and increase in energy and strength both physically and mentally. The attack of witchcraft has had a lot to do with our "breaking down" (fatigue, stress, weariness, anxiety, depression, etc.), but in this next season, in 2019 we will experience the Lord lifting us up - as we surrender to Him.
- There is going to be financial increase...an influx into the Kingdom of God and households. Recovering from debt overdose. (The Lord wants to commission all of us as we come out from overdose of debt...God says, “Don’t return to it, it will be to your demise. Learn from the lessons you’ve been taught through trial and fire and move forward to a better you”.)
- New Opportunities coming forth in 2019 (Ministry, Jobs and Entrepreneurship)
- 2019 is the year of an entrepreneur boom (we will see more and more people getting a heavenly spark and becoming self sufficient entrepreneurs in business)
- 2019 is the mark of the beginning of the Youth Revival in America and abroad. (There is a specific call and emphasis on Schools and College Campuses) The Lord says, “They don’t need another show, they want a demonstration that is done in and of REAL LOVE. Go and do this and they will turn to Me says the Lord.” God says that He will give us ideas and strategy and favor on how to accomplish all this for the youth revival.